Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Junior Mints

As a thank you for being her nurse after recent shoulder surgery, my daughter gave me a box of Junior Mints. You know, those creamy mints in pure chocolate?
I went to my room this morning to grab my Kindle, and the box of mints was on top of it. Unbeknownst to me, a candy thief had opened the box and several tumbled out onto my bed, with one of their buddies launching itself onto the floor.
Beside my bed is a trash can and a basket for reading materials. I bent down to move them and locate the escapee, but it was a no-show. With no place else to seek shelter, I thought it must have rolled under my bed. I got down on my knees and lifted the bed skirt, only to reveal - nothing.
This is the part where I scratched my head in disbelief. I also knitted my brows. It was only then that I felt a small lump beneath my foot. "Oh wow," I groaned, and turned my foot over to reveal the now smashed mint, oozing between my toes. If I were a male, I'd probably just lick it off. I'm not, so I walked on one foot and one heel to get a washcloth.
I'm off to a fine start today. Let's hope things improve considerably.
I'll catch ya on the flip side,
Pam

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Ew. One lost?! Hurry and hid the box.